Solana Hackathon, Stakin Finance $STKN on Pancakeswap and more.
Hi fellow-blockchain enthusiasts,
It has been some crazy weeks for the proof-of-stake and general blockchain market. With that said, we’re happy to share our 26th bi-weekly newsletter with you, covering:
- ✨ Solana Season Hackathon #SOLSZN!
- ✨ You can now use Pancakeswap for $STKN yield farming
- ✨ Balanced App is live!!
- ✨ Regen Network Updated Staking Pool Delegation Policy
- ✨ Cosmos Gravity DEX competition
- ✨ Skale Chains are now live on Mainnet!
Solana Season Hackathon!
On the 28th of April, Solana announced the Season Hackathon! The hackathon will be available to anyone and isn’t limited to stakeholders of the chain, and is aimed at bringing together DeFi, NFT and Web3 ecosystems. There is up to $1 million in prizes funded and the event will run from the 15th of May 2021, until the 7th of June 2021.
- 🏆 For more info on the hackathon and to subscribe click here.
You Can Now Use Pancakeswap for $STKN
Recently, we launched Stakin Finance, an Automated Market Making and Yield Farming protocol running on Binance Smart Chain (BSC). With PancakeSwap v2 migration, we’ve created new pools and v1 users will have to manually migrate if they want to keep earning $STKN yield.
- For more info about our yield token, click here.
Balanced App is Now Live!!
In other great news, the Balanced App has launched!! The DeFi platform for ICON Network lets you stake ICX, borrow assets, swap assets and supply liquidity. Check out our article for an in-depth description of Balanced App and a guide on how to use the platform.
Regen Network Updated Staking Pool Delegation Policy
On April 27th, Regen Network announced their updated staking pool delegation policy. You can find the full version here. Some of the highlights of the update are:
- Once a month, 5mm of this supply will be delegated according to the following protocols. The final 5mm will be retained unstaked for us in the enDAOment process.
- A snapshot of the stake distribution and commission rates is taken; this snapshot is used to determine stake distribution.
- There will be two metrics used to weight delegations: place in the rankings and commission rate.
- According to these weights, the supply to be delegated (5mm REGEN) will be split across all 50 validators.
Cosmos Gravity DEX Competition
As of the 21st of April, 2021, registrations are now open for the Gravity DEX testnet competition, with over $200,000 in the prize pool. The Gravity DEX competition is a way for traders to familiarise themselves with the platform while also stress-testing Gravity under near-market conditions before its mainnet launch.
Skale Chains are now live on Mainnet!
On the 22nd of April, Skale announced that the SKALE Denali Network Upgrade had gone live!
“It’s a movement from “middleman” controlled businesses, to democratized and decentralized Web 3 businesses spanning DeFi, gaming, B2B, NFTs, and more.”.
The most important update of the Denali network release is the latest version of SKALE Chains. It is now possible for decentralized applications to run their own fast and low-cost blockchains natively connected to the Ethereum Network.
- For more information on the update, click here.
DISCLAIMER: This is not financial advice. Staking, delegation, and cryptocurrencies involve a high degree of risk, and there is always the possibility of loss, including the failure of all staked digital assets. Additionally, delegators are at risk of slashing in case of security or liveness faults on some protocols. We advise you to do your due diligence before choosing a validator.